The Women's Forum Handbook
The Women’s Forum Handbook captures the issues women care about – relationships, character, vocation, family, purpose - a host of practical and sacred matters. Rather than telling you what you already know or giving you answers, the Handbook invites you to reflect on your experiences, beliefs, and lessons learned.
With more than 40 topics and 200 questions for personal review and group discussion, the Women’s Forum Handbook brings your life experience into sharp focus. Working with the book, you explore beliefs, needs, lessons learned, and wisdom earned. Writing about your experience, you write the story of you.
The Facilitator Guidebook
Facilitating a women’s forum is not difficult, but it does require attention and skill. In our model, we meet as peers and co-learners. The facilitator guides the group yet leads from behind, serving as a role model for the principles and practices of shared learning.
The experience of sharing our unfolding life story in a circle of trustworthy friends is powerful medicine. Sacred space in wForum is not holier than thou; rather, it is raw and real. Therefore, it is always beneficial to combine a bit of silliness with the serious business of love.
- As a workbook, the Handbook serves as an inventory of your strengths, beliefs, and choices. Over time, it becomes a record of your insights and flourishing.
- As a course in women’s studies, the Handbook explores how feminine values, cultural norms, and individual experience shapes a woman’s consciousness.
- As a guide for group process, the Handbook outlines the principles and practices for a healthy and dynamic group relationship at all stages of your group’s development.
- As a platform for group discussion, the Handbook takes the conversation to a deeply personal level in which you feel more connected to and inspired by others.
New Material in The Facilitator Guidebook:
- Tapping into awareness of the body’s intelligence.
- Exploring questions vs. seeking answers.
- Aligning members to a shared purpose for meetings.
- Developing a close and healthy group relationship.
- Play prompts and exercises for meeting variety.
- Meeting outlines for new groups and regrouping.
- Words of wisdom from wForum facilitators.
“When I received my Handbook, I was surprised by how inviting it is. It's not like the typical drudgery of a workbook. The design and graphics are beautiful, the discussion topics are compelling and the questions draw me in. Month by month, as I’m writing my thoughts on these pages, the Handbook is becoming about me - my experience, my hopes and dreams, my truth and life lessons. It's my story in my words." - Barbara B., Aspen Chapter
“It seems every need and question we have about how to create trust and make our meetings worthwhile are addressed in this book. As a companion to the Handbook, the resources in The Facilitator Guidebook will take our wForum to the next level. I can also see myself using some of these exercises with work and client teams, to create buy-in and focus our discussions.” - Debra S., Aspen wForum Facilitator